Last week we had an earthquake. This week it feels like we're in a tornado! Really, though, the weather has been great, its just our schedule that has been hectic!
Adele's rash is getting worse. Last week, we took eggs out of my diet to see if that would help her eczema, but that didn't seem to help, and the rash has spread to her face. So, on Thursday I brought her back to the doctor. She thinks that Adele might have an allergy to milk or soy since the medicine/change in diet didn't work. Apparently they can test for milk allergies by looking at your blood, so I had to take her to the Children's Hospital to get blood drawn, poor little thing!
In addition to taking Adele to two doctors, I had a meeting with my principal yesterday, which meant possibly several hours (yes...hours) of showing Ellie off again at school. She screamed the whole way to school (40 minutes) and missed her nap because of our driving. (I was REALLY hoping that yesterday would be the day she stopped crying in the car and started sleeping!!...no such luck) She was a cutie for the most part while we were at school, so that was good. She clearly needed a nap though, and amazingly fell asleep in the carseat as we left the buildig. Unfortunately, she woke up as soon as I clicked her in to the carseat base...bummer!
After our visit at school, we headed to the Children's Hospital (I decided to go to school first, knowing that she would probably be very cranky after no nap AND getting stuck with a needle!) It didn't take long, and in all honesty, she didn't scream any worse for the blood draw than she does in the car, so it wasn't that bad (on mommy...). I did have to nurse her in the car (there were too many people in the lobby of the hospital) before we drove home, but even a full belly didn't make her happy for the ride home. Yup, 40 more minutes of screaming! Aye aye aye! Fortunately, Daddy was home when we got there, and he gave me a nice break so I could take a tylenol!
Today, Daddy had the day off...yay! Adele woke up early and basically skipped her morning nap, but she was happy, so we took both Adele and Cookie to some woods near our house and walked the trails. Daddy had Cookie on the leash, and I had Ellie in the Bjorn. She did surprisingly well for our little "hike". I forgot her hat, but she probably preferred not to wear it anyway!
Daddy tried to put Adele down for a nap while I ate, he got her asleep, and sat in the chair in her room, holding her. I went upstaris to finish up a sewing project and saw Daddy zonked out in the chair, and Adele wide awake in his lap, looking around. It was priceless! I scooped her up and swaddled her and after about 40 minutes finally got her to sleep in her crib...and stay asleep.
Now I need to get the house cleaned up since we've got Aunt Katie and Michael coming tonight, and Memaw and Gramps coming tomorrow! I suppose I'll have to take some pictures sometime today...we forgot the camera when we went to the woods!
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment