Monday, April 14, 2008

Fans and Farting are Funny!



Here's hoping that my video worked! We caught more laughs on film tonight....yay! Yesterday I tried to save Daddy from embarassment (yeah right..) and didn't share that the way he got Adele to laugh was by making farting noises and saying, "farting is funny" over and over again, but he edited the video and you can clearly hear him farting and saying "fans and farting are funny" (she was watching him spin the ceiling fan in the kitchen) so I guess he's not too embarassed about it!

Adele was in a great mood tonight considering the busy day we had! I finally got her in to the doctor....right at naptime! After the nurse took her stats, she fell asleep while we waited for Dr. Freeman. This was probably the only time I was glad that it took a long time for the doctor to come into the room! She probably got a good 15 or 20 minute nap while we waited. Amber-you were right, it is eczema :( Oh well, at least it isn't a contagious fungal rash or anything! I do have to put special cream on her "creases" twice a day (it's not only behind her knees, but on her ankles, elbows and wrists too...poor baby!)

She was a trooper at CVS. I had to do bicep curls with her carseat while we waited, but as long as she was moving, she was happy. Fortunately, I didn't get worn out too quickly. I don't care how much fun Daddy pokes at me, I know my Tae-Bo efforts are paying off!

For lunch, I managed to make Taco Soup (recipe and pictures later) while Adele took a nap IN HER PACK N PLAY! She slept for half an hour in there...YAY!

Tonight, after laughing for Daddy, Adele and I spent some time "playing" in her room. She stared at herslef in her little mirror and smiled and smiled. Then she spent a long time (6 minutes is long when you're not quite 3 months old!) watching me shake some links for her. I don't know what it is about red, yellow, white and black that grabs her attention, but she loves those links! As we played, I just kept thinking about how amazing she is and how much she has grown in the past (almost) 12 weeks! She is working on starting to grab things (and put them in her mouth, of course) I'll bet within the next week or so she will be grabbing at things all by herself. It was very peaceful spending that time with her tonight! I have to remember to treasure all of these moments because she is already getting too big too fast!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yikes! Itake a break from reading the Blog for a day and suddenly my niece can laugh! She is so cute!!!!!!!!
Michael's friends Anna and Langdon had a baby last week, which I already told you. You can (and should!) check out their blog at babybabbling.blogspot.com :)
Sorry about the eczema, Ellie-bell.